Due to the nature of being an Independent Contractor, the hours I work are very flexible. That being said, my standard working hours are Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM US Central Time. I typically respond to emails within 24 hours Monday-Friday. If you need assistance outside of these hours, please let me know and I will accommodate you as best I can.From 7PM Central Time on Friday until 11AM Central Time on Monday, are my official “weekend” hours. I will not be available during that time unless we arrange something ahead of time. (Meaning, yes, I will accommodate special events discussed in advance). I may, occasionally, respond to an email sent on a weekend, but, as a general rule am not “on the clock” during the weekend hours.
My work e-mail is email@example.com. Upwork’s chat client is acceptable for initial discussion of contracts and such, but work-related things (sending files back and forth, feedback, etc) are best conducted by email. I prefer email because I find I communicate better via the written word versus a phone conversation, as writing gives me time to compose my thoughts and present them in a manner that is easy to understand. That said, if you do need to call or text me, my phone is 1+636-698-4486. Ideally, this should be used only for situations in which an immediate response is required.During a contract, should a month go by without any new work, I will email you to ask if you are still interested in continuing our work together. If I do not receive a reply within two weeks, I will assume the contract is over and will notify you accordingly, and send out any final invoices if necessary.
I observe the following holidays, and will therefore be offline:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- October 17th
- Thanksgiving and the day following
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Billing, Payments, and Refunds
Currently, billing and payment is handled via Upwork. I log time through their desktop app, and they will create an invoice for the amount of time I logged relative to my normal rate. My hourly rate is $8.99/hour, not including the 20% cut Upwork takes. For fixed price contracts, I’ll take the total length of the unedited clip and multiply it by five to get a rough estimate of how long it will take for me to work. For example: if you gave me a 15-minute file, it would take me roughly an hour and fifteen minutes to work on. Regarding refunds: I offer non-tangible services and as such, I do not issue refunds. In the event of deficiency in service, I will make every reasonable effort to rectify the problem and rework on the project and deliver it back to the client. Such work is done on my own time at no additional charge.I shall not be responsible or liable for insufficient or delayed documentation/information from client pertaining to any particular task/s, errors, or mistakes not pertaining to scope of work, inability of client to follow procedures or requirements or due to any other reasons beyond my control.
Tasks and Projects
In general, files sent to me during the normal work week will be completed within 1-2 business days. This does not include weekends. If I were to receive a file on a Friday evening, it would be completed by Monday. Concerning quality of work: I pride myself at my ability to provide clients with professional-sounding material. In practice, this means podcasts that are free of noise (reverb, hums, and other room sound, for example) voiced pauses, (um, ah, etc), and flubbed or duplicated lines, and have a consistent volume level. However, I can only do so much. As any musician will tell you, great sound begins in the recording process. I can do better work with something that was recorded with Skype than I can with a standard telephone conversation.
I use the following tools in my business:
- Dropbox, Google Drive: Sharing project files
- iCloud Drive: Storing project files whilst they are being worked on
- Upwork desktop app: Time-tracking and messaging
- Spark for Mac: Email
- Logic Pro X, Adobe Audition CC: Audio processing
I respect and protect your privacy at all times. I am a professional dedicated to delivering quality services to my clients.I understand the importance of relationship building. To that end, I take all of my business relationships seriously, from the initial contact through successful project completion. I extend my policy of confidentiality to each client. This means that I will not sell, rent, share, or disclose to third parties any personal information obtained over the course of our work together.
- I will maintain the highest ethics and honesty in all dealings with clients, colleagues and the general public.
- I will only take on projects that are within my abilities. If a project is not within my ability, the client will be notified immediately.
- Client information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be shared with others or used for personal gain.
- I highly value each client relationship and will not place one client above another.
- I will make a commitment to possess and increase the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of services.
- I will be honest about my intentions and never knowingly misrepresent my skills, peers, or my profession as a whole, whether to networks or to prospects, clients, and the community at large (virtual or otherwise).
- I will not knowingly be a part of any illegal or unethical activity.
- I will promote the Virtual Assistance industry with the utmost professionalism.